Friday 21 December 2018


Abstract Landscape Painter.  Rural Dweller.  Lover of Modernist Art and Design.


21 December


“Oh the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful.............”


...which just about sums up the grey afternoon of thick drizzle.  Now, however, the wind is blowing the clouds away and the silvery-white full moon has appeared to light this longest of nights.  It cheers my heart as I walk home along the lane with Millie.  That fire will soon be lit.

Work has finished for the year.  No painting now until after Christmas, although no doubt I shall be scribbling in a sketchbook and pottering about in the studio, tidying and keeping a bit of heat going as the temperatures drop.  As much as I love my work, it will be good to have a rest, although, in truth, painting is never far from my thoughts.




All text & images ©2018 Carol Saunderson


http://anartistinthelandscape.blogspot.co.uk/