Wednesday 14 February 2018


Abstract Landscape Painter.  Rural Dweller.  Lover of Modernist Art and Design.


14 February


Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Here, eating breakfast,
Are a ram and six ewes.


After providing animal foodstuffs, I walk and then return to the studio to make use of my newly prepared boards.  Millie settles herself under a blanket on the armchair and I switch on the radio and get stuck into my painting.

The bright morning is replaced by a grey and wet afternoon, but we are cosy in our little shelter.  From the window I see the gulls being blown around by the wind and the crows sitting on fence posts and scouring the meadow for food.  When all my concentration has been squeezed out, I wash the brushes and set them in their places for tomorrow.  I am suddenly tired and retire to the house to light the fire as the daylight disappears (and provide canine foodstuffs).



All text & images ©2018 Carol Saunderson


http://anartistinthelandscape.blogspot.co.uk/