Wednesday 21 February 2018


Abstract Landscape Painter.  Rural Dweller.  Lover of Modernist Art and Design.


21 February


I hear the robin singing just after 5.30am this morning.  It’s definitely getting light earlier!

In the studio, I decide to paint a portrait of Millie, for myself.  I have a little time, as I am keeping on top of my gallery work.  I thoroughly enjoy working loosely and boldly.  Without using any preparatory drawing, I begin carving out her form with wide, flat, brush strokes; incorporating the runs, drips and spontaneous marks into the composition. By the end of the day I can see her recognisable shape standing on the easel.  I look forward to adding some detail during the next couple of days.



All text & images ©2018 Carol Saunderson


http://anartistinthelandscape.blogspot.co.uk/