Sunday 21 January 2018



Abstract Landscape Painter.  Rural Dweller.  Lover of Modernist Art and Design.


21 January

Mist and frost give way to fine snow and light grey cloud, and then finally to a heavier, steadier fall. The landscape becomes almost monochrome, save for the green/grey of trees in the middle distance.

I take my camera upstairs and open wide the window to the panoramic whiteness.  Unfortunately, I am too slow to capture a picture of two hares running across the face of the broad field just beyond the meadow.  The colour of the gulls changes from charcoal grey to dirty white as they pass from the background of snow to that of the trees.

Downstairs again, I focus my lens on the garden birds - not quickly enough to photograph a family of six long-tailed tits that are jostling to gain access to two fat balls.  However, I take shots of the other avian visitors and am amazed to see how colourful the wood pigeon is, when I examine its image up close.



All text & images ©2018 Carol Saunderson


http://anartistinthelandscape.blogspot.co.uk/